Well, why does our brain love lists? I’ll just quote this (only very slightly modified) from The New York Times:
1. It’s an easy reading experience
2. in which the mental heavy lifting of
c. and analysis
3. is completed well in advance of actual consumption
4. a bit like sipping green juice
5. instead of munching on a bundle of kale.
6. And there is little that our brains crave more
7. than effortlessly acquire data.
“Together, these create an easy reading experience, in which the mental heavy lifting of conceptualization, categorization, and analysis is completed well in advance of actual consumption—a bit like sipping green juice instead of munching on a bundle of kale. And there’s little that our brains crave more than effortlessly acquired data.”