Sometimes you find a recipe and you fall straight in love with it. Like these cold avocado noodles from Fooding Kitchen. I changed the recipe a bit to suit my taste (substituted the water cress with cucumber), but still amazing. Below is my adjusted recipe.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 bunches dry buckwheat noodles
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 TBL lemon juice
- 1 tsp tamari (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cucumber, cut julienne
- 75 g shredded carrot
- sesame seeds for garnish, roasted
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, combine the avocado, sesame oil, lemon juice, and tamari in a small bowl and mash until smooth.
2. Once the water has reached a boil, add the noodles and boil for 3 minutes.
3. Drain the noodles and rinse thoroughly with cold water.
4. In a large bowl, combine the noodle mixture with the mashed avocado and using clean hands, toss until blended well. Taste for saltiness and add more tamari if desired.
5. Serve topped with shredded carrot, sesame seeds, and the cucumber.